Planning your spring getaway? Here’s five reasons to head to Charleston, SC this Spring.
1. Zac Brown Band’s Southern Ground Music & Food Festival, voted “best music concert” by Charleston City Paper’s readers, celebrates its 5th year on Saturday & Sunday April 16 and 17 with curated music and an artisan food experience you won’t forget. This year’s headliners include Thomas Rhett, Tedeschi Trucks Band and performances from Kacey Musgraves and Hunter Hayes at MUSC Health Stadium (for more info visit, southerngroundfestival.com).
2. Charleston’s landmark, The Battery has scenic waterfront views of mansions, an enormous gazebo and historic cannons, which were used during the Revolutionary War.
3. Go for a swim in one of the many beaches located in Charleston’s historic Folly Beach.
4. Catch a glimpse into Charleston’s past and charm at Charleston’s City Market.
5. Stop by several of Charleston’s historic mansions that have withstood the test of time and the Revolution like, Drayton Hall.