It’s too hot to cook. All I want for lunch is a salad but the salad dressing bottles are down to the last drop. I need a recipe for something “creamy”.
To the rescue is Stuart O’Keeffe’s new cookbook, “The Quick Six Fix” that I received recently to review. It’s 100 no-fuss, full-flavour recipes — 6 ingredients, 6 minutes prep and 6 minutes cleanup.
Okay, I forgot to time myself but it was quick and easy and all the ingredients were in my refrigerator. And it was delish!!! I’ll make it again for sure. It was great on the chunky side too.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed
- 3/4 cup sour cream or crema
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor blender and process until well mixed and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
When citrus is called for in a dressing, always use fresh squeezed juice, not canned, cartoned or frozen. It makes a tremendous difference in flavour.