Want a filling meal that doesn’t leave you feeling heavy? Monica Auslander, leading nutritionist who developed Essence Nutrition Registered Dietitians, has this awesome recipe below for people who need a delicious and simple meal that will not leave you feeling guilty afterwards. The recipe below is for a quinoa salad stuffed avocados which are great for a quick bite that doesn’t leave you needing a nap.
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cook the quinoa to package instructions and set aside.
- Dice the cilantro and spinach.
- Combine with mustard, lemon juice, honey, cumin, and garlic. Add one tablespoon of water to the dressing until it is homogenous. Add tomatoes and chickpeas to the quinoa.
- Pour dressing over the quinoa mixture until it is evenly coated. Cut the avocado in half and remove pit. Top with even parts of quinoa salad.
For additional information please visit http://essencenutritionmiami.