Mother Nature is dressing her foliage and flowers in the shades of the rainbow. Cherry blossoms, tulips, fragrant hyacinths and happy-faced pansies are competing for the attention of everyone with a digital apparatus. You know that means you. Shed the heavy outerwear and celebrate a new season wearing fresh bright hues too.
It may not be all that warm yet but we all tend to raise our heads to feel the kiss of the sun’s rays that have been dormant for so long.
Spring cleaning yet? Start by pulling back the curtains, wash the windows and enjoy the view. Whether you sit inside or outside that pane of glass, relax and relish a season filled with hope. Experiment with the adventure of a new cocktail with the following ideas.
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
- 1 Bottle Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore
- 1/8 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Lemon Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Rind, Grated
- 1 Cup Mashed Raspberries
- Combine sugar and juice in a small saucepan, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, stirring until sugar dissolves
- Remove from heat
- Stir in lemon rind and ½ cup of mashed raspberries
- Combine mixture and Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore in pitcher
- Sprinkle remaining raspberries among the glasses
DIY Mimosa Bar
- Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore
- Assorted fruits, sliced (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, etc.)
- Assorted fruit juices (orange, mango, blood orange, lemonade, etc.)
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Blend cups of confectioners’ sugar, mint and lemon together in a blender until smooth. Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into glasses to add extra sweet flavor
- Pour Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore into each glass, stir
- Top with selected juice. Garnish each glass with fruit.
Spiked Fruit Cubes
- 1 Bottle of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Alto Adige
- Assorted Sliced Fruit
- Fill ice cube trays with sliced fruit
- Carefully pour Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Alto Adige over the fruit to fill tray
- Freeze for 4-6 hours and serve in a glass with chilled Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Alto Adige
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Alto Adige
- 1 ripe pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup seltzer
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup assorted berries
- In a pitcher, combine the assorted berries, mint, wine, juice and seltzer with ice and stir
- Pour into individual glasses and garnish with pineapple chunk